Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Cordless Power Drill - Recharging?

"CWLee" wrote in message

I've had a Black & Decker cordless power drill for 3-4 years - used maybe
10 times and always recharged when finished. A couple of weeks ago I
noticed that it didn't seem to be charged, and when I tried to recharge it
I don't think it charged fully. Eventually I took it to a B&D Service
Store, and the employee said that although the battery was old enough to
be going bad, mine seemed to be OK and accepting a charge just fine. I
left puzzled. At home I put a voltmeter on the B&D wall wart recharger
that came with the drill, and instead of 15 vac output as labeled and
specified in the manual, I was only getting about half a volt.

Your first problem is its a B&D and if it lasted 4 years then you got your
moneys worth. Mine lasted 5 minutes. B&D won't use high quality batteries at
those price points.

Your second problem is your charger's output is in vac, that won't charge a
dc battery. Are you sure you've measured vac and not vdc?