Posted to rec.woodworking
Rita and Neil Ward Rita and Neil Ward is offline

Default Beginner Relief Carving Book?

B A R R Y wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

The recovery shouldn't be too bad, as the surgery will be with a
scope. The Dr. is just cleaning up some collateral damage in my left
shoulder. I broke it in a mountain bike crash a few years ago. I'm
getting it into good shape before hand to try to speed recovery. I'm
looking forward to some good reading while I get back up to speed.

I chose carving, as I want to learn how, and although I won't be able
to wrestle large boards and sheets around, the Dr. wants me to move it
as much as possible.

Kate, I understand the Jeep thing. I had to have a front prop shaft
made in March. This weekend, I'll be replacing a broken sway bar
connector. G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Barry,
A couple more suggestions:

Susan Irish's books on relief carving:
http://www.carvingpatterns.com/#SHOPPING%20CENTER

Ivan Whillock's relief carving books and videos:
http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/contributorinfo.cfm?ContribID=103

Mr. Whilock's web site: http://www.whillock.com/about.html

Best wishes...
Neil