Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart & Kathryn Fields Stuart & Kathryn Fields is offline

Default castellated socket

"Steve W." wrote in message
cavelamb himself wrote:
Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:

wrote in message

On Jun 3, 2:01 pm, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote:

Doesn't say in the transmission assembly manual. I guess it is the
standard propellor retention torque: "All you can do with both hands
and a quarter turn more". I will have to do some analysis to come up
with my best guess as to what the proper torque should be. The Yoke
that it restrains is double keyed to the shaft and is heated to 300°
then pressed on and then the "Jesus" nut is torqued and a safety bolt is
screwed into the side creating a good safety.

As I fondly recall, the "extender" for the Huey Jeasus nut was about 20
feet long.

You can get quite a bit of torque from one of those....

Richard

Wander into an Autozone or Advance Auto and ask to look at the set of axle
nut sockets they will have for tool rental. If they have the one you need
rent the set and return it when your done. You pay a deposit equal to the
cost of the tools, they return it when you bring them back.
No charge for the use of the tools as long as you don't break them.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Thanks. I'll give it a try.