Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Hail and wind damage to roof and siding and insurance companies ??

"Red Green" wrote in message
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
:

"Steve" wrote in message
We live in
the middle of North Carolina.

Where? I'm in FAY.

One time was after a hurricane that
came way inland

and about 2 years due to hail. I have a $ 500
deductiable and that was what it cost both times.

Surprised they did not want to prorate age, especially the first time.

The house the shingles were replaced in was in China Grove, South of
Salisbury. I now live abouth halfway between Rockwell and Granet Quarry.

Al the shingles on all the houses were replaced. They probably could not
match the blown off shingles due to the hurricane, not sure. Also they had
to replace two storm windows that were broken during the hurricane. The
hail dammage was to way too many shingles to just repair them.
They did not send out an inspector the first time, but they did for the
hail dammage.I was just told to get an estiment and send it to them. They
sent me a check back for the dammages minus the deductiable. I think it was
about $ 250 teh first time and $ 500 the second time.The first time it was
made to me and the bank as I still owed some on the house. The second time
it was made to me as I had payed off the house.

It might be the kind of insurance you have if it is prorated or not.