Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

In message et, at
00:13:29 on Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Dave Liquorice
remarked:
The overall result is that it is now possible to build electric cars
with a range of 500 km, which comes close to ICE cars,

In English 310 miles, the full to "running on air" range of my car is just
over 600 miles. I normally fill up somewhere between 450 and 500 miles.

I'm sceptical of the 310 miles of course.

My current petrol car manages 650 miles between refills on long runs,
which is very handy. Years ago I had a car that did 22mpg and needed
filling up every 180 miles. It was a COMPLETE pita. One's life was
dominated by where you might be able to refuel - although this was
before there were as many 24hr filling stations.
--
Roland Perry