Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Boy Scout Camp Footlocker (1/1)

"snip

You know, Lowell, I enjoyed the hell out of that.

I wish there was a way to show in pictures just how fast bears can be.

They always seem to look cute, until they are headed in your direction
with obviously bad intent.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

I never made it to Philmont because I had to cancel after the scouts
transgressed the rules. I refused to take a patrol that I couldn't trust to
follow orders because Philmont is true wilderness camping. I know the bear
bags have to be suspended from high trees and high enough the bears can't
jump and reach them. I never rigged one though.

Don't under estimate what a coon can do. We had one walk into the campsite
at summer camp one year and tried to get into an igloo cooler that had food
in it and when we tried to shoo the coon away, he challenged us big time.

John's right about the no goodies rule, but it is hard to enforce, and as
John mentioned, even the adults can be idiots.