Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Toilet-tank leak? ? ?

Oren wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:03:11 -0500, dpb wrote:

Ray wrote:

Since posting I found the source -- a hairline crack in the tank.

Is that something I can seal with caulking, or should I replace the whole
thing?

You may be able to stop the leak temporarily but if it is cracked it is
liable to fail catastrophically w/o warning in which case you have a big
problem--particularly if it happened to be while the house is deserted
for a full day at work, etc., ...

Replace it.

Best answer given.

"liable to fail catastrophically" just my luck is when, well you know!
I'm sitting down one the job.

No........catastrophically is when nobody is home and the house is
flooded. BTDT.