Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:10:48 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

[snip]

I had one (early) DVD player that, when turned off, merely turned off the LED on
the front panel. The power supply was still fully supplying power to the board
and drive, even when turned off.

Current ones (at least should) turn off the video output(s) too. This
allows you to use an automatic audio/video switch.

I would expect motors to be off as well.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
please ignore it. If you don't know how to
ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
demonstrate."