Posted to rec.woodworking
randyswoodshoop randyswoodshoop is offline

Default Beginner Relief Carving Book?

On Jun 3, 6:52*pm, B A R R Y wrote:
I have both a birthday and a shoulder operation approaching.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a book for the beginning relief
carver?

Thanks!

**http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html***

Barry, Im sorry to hear you have a shoulder operation coming up.....
I have a book on woodcarving called Wood Carving Basics by David
Sabol , its from Taunton's press. It has all tyes of wood carving
including relief carving. I think a preety good book. The problem with
carving is all the chisels you will need to get , if u dont have them
already.
Hope all works out well for you..

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com