Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dpb dpb is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

Rod Speed wrote:
dpb wrote
Rod Speed wrote
dpb wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The vast bulk of our electricity doesnt come from oil, it comes
from coal, and even if we stop doing that because of the CO2
produced by that approach, we'll be using nukes instead, not
'various green sources'

Nuclear _is_ a "green" source...

Nope.

Yep...

Nope...

solves C sequestration,

There's a hell of a lot more involved in being a green source than that.

can regenerate more fuel than burned,

There's a hell of a lot more involved in being a green source than that.

etc., etc., etc., ...

There is no etc., etc., etc., ... with nukes and being green.

In spades with the main downside with nukes, the immense cost
of dealing with the hulk once its no longer used, if you're actually
stupid enough to not just encase it in concrete and leave it there.

Even just the concrete involved with any nuke is very ungreen.

Not really if you make any rational comparison of the _quantities_ per
MWe...