Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

On 6/3/2008 8:00 AM spake thus:

In misc.consumers.frugal-living Jeff wrote:

I think good design can eliminate much of this, and I see that there
is a one watt initiative aiming at keeping phantom power per device
under one watt.

That should be easily achievable if engineers can avoid that tendency
they have to add stuff because they think it's cool, without considering
if it's really going to be useful and at what cost.

Don't blame the engineers here; blame the marketroids who have visions
of dollar signs dancing in their eyes on account of all those kewl new
features.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill