Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart & Kathryn Fields Stuart & Kathryn Fields is offline

Default castellated socket

"Randy" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:03:20 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

I'm looking for a castellated socket 2" OD with 6 tangs, splines, whatever
they are called. Google just runs me back and forth thru India, NSW and
other places. Anyone know of a source?

Stu

if you're tring to get off one of these:
http://www.whittet-higgins.com/part.php?series_id=34

try this:
http://www.whittet-higgins.com/part.php?series_id=75

Thank You,
Randy

Thanks Randy, that was a different source. The problem I have is that there
is no clearance around the outside of the castellated nut so the socket must
look like the Snap-On Tools axle nut socket for the Dana 70 axles. I haven't
found the OD of the Snap-On socket, I did find their $80 price tag which
makes building one look better.

Stu