Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dpb dpb is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , dpb wrote:

All true but it's still hard to believe the "average house" over 75% in
standby, even for electronics. Maybe I have a hard time thinking that
because I'm sure my house is far below average in numbers of these
devices so I suspect my estimate of "average" is skewed as compared to
the sample mean.

That's not what the article said. This is: "In the average home, 75% of the
electricity used to power home electronics is consumed while the products are
turned off."

That is what I inferred, if you'll simply read what I wrote, but my
incredulity still exists as noted even for that mix...