Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Asbestos

wrote:
Well, I hope the naysayers who think people get rich from dying of
asbestos cancer never get sick themsleves. Incidence of mesothelioma
is increasing worldwide, and the majority of new cases have NO
occupational link to asbestos - they were exposed through the
environment. EPA and WHO and all experts now warn that no exposure -
no matter how brief - is safe. A single fiber can induce disease in
susceptible individuals. Significant numbers of people with meso trace
their exposure to home renovation projects. And because asbestos is
not banned, it is still present in consumer goods including many DIY
products.

"... dying of asbestos cancer..." is the flawed premise. Someone with such a
disease has to prove its cause and, so far, they've been spectacularly
unable to do so.

When you are exposed passively or second hand, you can rarely bring
any sort of legal case. Most people don't get any remuneration - the
few "million dollar cases" are isolated examples. And if you think the
lawyers are getting rich, well, why not take a look at the
corporations responsible: Dow Chemical, Halliburton, WR Grace -
they're not exactly begging for dimes from passersby!

Dow-Corning was forced into bankruptcy by flawed claims of harm from
silicone breast implants.

No amount of money can buy back your life, and EVERYONE is at risk. If
you or someone you loved was diagnosed with meso, I bet you'd want a
cure to be waiting. That's all we patients and families want too....

Anytime anyone implies "It's not about the money...," it's about the money.