Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Blocked plugholes

"Fred" wrote in message
Hello,

I noticed that water was draining slowly from our bath and cured the
problem by removing hair from the trap. The problem is that access to
the trap is difficult: I put sealant all around the edges of the bath
panel! Is removing the hair as and when required the best method or is
there any preventative action I can take to prevent this happening
again? Someone told me dosing with bleach will dissolve the hair. I'm
not so sure about this; surely I would need something stronger like
caustic soda? But would caustic soda attack the bath enamel or the
metal finish on the plughole?

Thanks.

Get a hair trap similar to
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=140237641146
I'm sure "Better wear" do them cheaper!!

5 in our house take a shower every day and my 2 daughters have long hair.
Never once had problems with the trap filling up.
Just clean the trap on a regular basis.