Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default How many amps do I have coming in?

Hi,

If my master breaker consists of two 100amp switches, does that mean I
have 200amps to play with.

(When I was remodeling the bathroom, before I knew anything about all
this, I had several electricians come in. Most of them said I don't
have enough current coming in and that I should upgrade to 150 or 200
amps. Only one said "I have no idea what they are talking about, you
have plenty of amps coming in." So now I'm intrigued if the rest were
blantantly deceiving me or just a little bit, since the bathroom has
been finished and I'm not having any problems with A/C running and a
house full of guests.)

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron