Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Radial Arm Saw Table - Help, please

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:36:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Replacing the top is most problematic. I'll likely cut the "retired"
section out and lightly glue another into place. The hardboard sits
on a 3/4" ply sub-base. I've seen some more complex ideas (Shopnotes
#16) but I could go years without feeling the need to replace it.

How firm are your plans for how and where to attach the saw?

Can you mount it 1/4" higher?

I allow a bit over 1/4" on all my benches, work stands, etc.. then use a "cap"
of 1/4" hardboard for the actual work surface..
Most are held down with double-sided tape, but the RAS top was 3/8" ply with
leveling screws..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing