Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Solar Panels

On Sat, 31 May 2008 12:46:29 GMT someone who may be John Stumbles
wrote this:-

I think it would be neat to be able to make a calculator - like a
heat-loss calculator for boiler or radiator sizing - which people could
use to run their own what-if calculations, e.g. what if I got cavity wall
insulation/double glazed my windows/installed solar water heating/took X
showers instead of baths/turned down my thermostat Y degrees ... etc. -
and would show how much energy and money difference it would make over a
year.

SAP allows people to do this, in theory. However, its results should
always be taken with a pinch of salt as there is only so much a
method can do to allow for humans.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh