Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
CJT CJT is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

wrote:
In misc.consumers.frugal-living Jeff wrote:

Many appliance use more power "off" than on (collectively).

Uh, cite? No, never mind, the above statement is just
pure BS.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

If e.g. a PC uses 5 watts "off" and 200 watts "on" it's not rocket
science to figure out what fraction of time it must be used for the
"on" power to equal or exceed the "off" power. I suspect plenty of
PC's don't make the cut (or do, but just barely).