Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

"Seerialmom" wrote in message

...However, I do know that my microwave, TV(s), vcr(s), cable box
(es) etc. do. But I don't feel like reprogramming everytime I want to
use them, so I let them continue to feast.

Right. I had an old component stereo main amplifier which would lose its
settings if I removed the power from it. So in that case I put everything
else on a power strip and turned those off, but left the main amplifier
plugged in. Then it did not lose its settings. Later I got a new model which
remembers its settings and this is now on the power strip. I turn off power
to it when not in use.

So if it is something which is a pain to reset after it is unplugged, then
leave it plugged in. If your not using the clock and it remembers its other
settings when power is removed, then put that on a power strip and remove
power when not in use. If you use the clock/timer, leave it plugged in.

Note: Do not unplug a VCR with the tape still inside! Always eject the tape
first before removing power. Otherwise the tape can jamb.