Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH[_2_] BobH[_2_] is offline

Default Argon purge for SS welding

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
Steve: I should have said that I'm welding SS 1.75 exhaust tubing and I
wondered if just a T at the point where the argon exits the flow gage and
goes to the TIG torch combinded with a hose and a downstream small valve
would allow sufficient flow/control? I know that the flow would continue
past the TIG torch shut-off.

Hi Stuart,
I would T the line into the flowmeter and put a separate valve on. That
way you can see if you are losing too much flow into the torch.

My present setup used another bottle with a regulator and flowmeter, but
my spare bottle got traded for an Argon/C02 bottle, so next time I do a
stainless steel job, I will need to figure something out.

Good Luck,
Bob