Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hmmm,
No kidding! But if the clock is disconnected can't do timed use of oven!

In the 21 years we had our old oven we never used the timed start. I
don't remember if the one before that had that feature or not. Never had
the need. One of my criteria for our new range was minimal electronics.
Don't need them, don't want them. I expect the Bertazzoni will last 50
years with maybe an igniter of the convection fan needing replacement in
that time. That's OK though as I'm not going to last another 50 years.

Different strokes...that's why they make more than one.

Trouble is, it's damn near impossible to buy anything today WITHOUT all the
bells and whistles that crap out on you soon after purchase, creating an
obscenely inflated estimate for repair or replacing.

Just give me the simple stuff, please.

Steve