Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default RAS Too Tight

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:12:13 -0700 (PDT), Hoosierpopi
wrote:

I have pulled the old Craftsman out of hiding and building it a new
table.

As part of the process, I tried elevating the blade with the existing
crank and found it most difficult to take it through the range. I am
thinking of adding a longer/larger handle to increase my leverage. ut
thought to ask here if anyone had any suggestions based upon personal
experience with this issue and might offer a serious resolution
thereto.

NO NO NO!!
You stand a great chance of damaging the saw..

Take anything you can apart and clean and lubricate it, then see how all
adjustments work out...

Over stressing any part, but especially an old part, with more force than
intended is the fast lane for buying expensive replacement parts for an old
saw.. DAMHIKT

If you have a rusty bolt, you soak it and try later, not put a pipe on the
wrench and force it, right?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing