Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Squirrel (?) Defeats Hav-a-Heart

"frank1492" wrote in message
I think I have a grey squirrel in my garage attic. I bought
a large hav-a-heart and baited it with nuts nested in peanut
butter. The next day I found the tray thoroughly empty (not
a hint of anything as if it had been washed!)
What's the solution- wire down the nuts maybe? Or do I
really have a squirrel or something else?
Help appreciated!
Frank

Maybe it's mice - lightweight enough to not trip the pivoting platform. Or,
assuming it's a squirrel, did you put the bait past the platform so the
squirrel has to step on the platform & trip the door?