Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default burn used motor oil in a "torpedo" heater?

On Jun 2, 8:56*am, "Dan K" wrote:
Anybody ever try this or know of a good reason why I can or can't do this?
The 100,000 btu heater burns kerosene or #1 heating oil. *Its an old heater,
and a spare, so I wouldn't be too devastated if it got damaged. *I was
thinking of maybe a gallon of oil mixed with 5 gallons of kerosene as a
place to start. *The used oil is 5w30 out of my cars.

Dan

There are alot of additives in oil and contaminents from gasolene,
its a very unhealty idea to breathe that from a torpedo heater