Wilson Lamb

Default Best way to drill through cast iron???

I'd use oil, slow speed, and not over 1/4".
Drill a hole in some iron, or maybe use one of your rails, and clamp it so
the hole is where you want to drill. That will get you started and keep the
bit from skating.
Wilson
"tnfkajs" wrote in message
I'm stumped on a good way to add an outfeed table to my saw. Yet another
"benefit" of the Jet Supersaw. Before I dimisss this idea entirely, I
thought I'd ask the "Pro's".

If I wanted to attach some brackets to the table saw cast iron top, I

think
I'd be drilling some biggun holes into some purdy thick iron. Would I be

an
idiot to try this? Would it take forever? Would I go through 35 bits?

Would
I need some liquid coolant on the bore? Should I buy eight $15 Black and
Decker cheapo drills and just burn them up?

Or - should I dimiss this approach and look for another way to attach the
outfeed table?