Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Installing bath exhaust fan

Also, I traced the conduit and found that all the bath exhaust conduit do
not exit the roof, but simply extended to the roof overhang and sat on top
of soffit openings. *Is that ok? *When the fan is on and moist air is drawn,
part of it will exit the soffit vent, but part of it will go inside the
attic. *Is this acceptable?

Thanks,

MC

It's one of those things that's not right, but its done all the time.
At least you pointed it out of a soffit. Most people just empty it
into the attic.
What I did is use rigid duct and ended it right by my attic fan on top
of the roof which is already open. At least it goes right up outside.
I really did not feel like putting a hole in my roof.