Grunff

Default Bowing house wall - tie rods?

John Laird wrote:

[b] Do you think this wall is non-structural ? What's to say your house
won't come down with it.

No, the wall most certainly *is* structural, and the house would
most definitely come down with it. But that wouldn't be the end
of the world. That's what I'm saying.

I think you ought to get a structural engineer to take a look (was anyone
other than a surveyor involved when you bought the place). You could start
off the whole process with a call to your insurers, but be warned that after
a claim you may be unable to ever change companies.

Hmm..maybe. No, we didn't have a structural survey done (we were
fully aware of the problem).

--
Grunff