Andy Dingley

Default Best way to drill through cast iron???

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:06:44 -0600, "tnfkajs"
wrote:

If I wanted to attach some brackets to the table saw cast iron top, I think
I'd be drilling some biggun holes into some purdy thick iron. Would I be an
idiot to try this? Would it take forever?

No idea. Well behaved cast iron is easy to drill, "chilled" iron can
be a nightmare. Give it a go, you'll probably find it drills very
easily. Use a sharp twist drill and you don't need lubricants or
cutting fluid. The swarf should come off as chips, not twirlies.