Creamy Goodness

Default Best way to drill through cast iron???

tnfkajs wrote:
I'm stumped on a good way to add an outfeed table to my saw. Yet
another "benefit" of the Jet Supersaw. Before I dimisss this idea
entirely, I thought I'd ask the "Pro's".

If I wanted to attach some brackets to the table saw cast iron top, I
think I'd be drilling some biggun holes into some purdy thick iron.
Would I be an idiot to try this? Would it take forever? Would I go
through 35 bits? Would I need some liquid coolant on the bore?
Should I buy eight $15 Black and Decker cheapo drills and just burn
them up?

Or - should I dimiss this approach and look for another way to attach
the outfeed table?

I use rare earth magnets epoxy'd to the table that attach them selves and
hold pretty well. You can find these in any old hard drive or do a web
search for rare earth magnets.

Someone a long while back (it's been 8 months since I've been on the wreck)
posted this message and had a web site showing it. Works great!

Mike