Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Unusual repair

My tenant accidentally discharged his 12 gauge shotgun and destroyed my
staircase baluster, front door and front door double tempered glass side
window . Holy smokes, didn't know those little pellets could go through a
solid core wood door from 25' away. Lucky there was no one standing in front
of the it. Half of the police force from my small town converged to the
rental and one of them said it was a nice semi automatic shotgun, better
than the police pump action issue.

Anyway, the door would be an easy fix but where can one find a matching
baluster? I guess stain and gloss finish to match the existing staircase
would be a challenge. I also got some Lexan to replace the safety glasses,
hope it will work.