Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Hanging kitchen cabinets?

On 05/31/08 12:28 am wrote:

I see most manufacturered kitchen cabinets are meant to be installed
by screwing through their back panel and into wall studs. Wondering
if I can just as safely use anchor bolts from above and hang them from
the ceiling, so that I can remove them if I need to access the wall
behind them. All opinions appreciated.

I am sure that the installation instructions for our "Medallion"-brand
cabinets (purchased from Menards -- Wisconsin-based chain) described a
ceiling-anchored option. Check with the manufacturer of any you plan to
purchase.

Perce