Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Coby Dan Coby is offline

Default Wanna move that table saw?

"PCPaul" wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:25:34 -0700, Dan Coby wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
No problem:

http://www.berkeleybionics.com/Unrestricted/HULC.html

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

A friend of mine sent me this link. The impressive part is how smoothly
it moves.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/25/s...leton-becomes-

a-frightening-reality

The interesting thing about the HULC is that it's being aimed at
commercial sale. And that it will carry its own power source with it.

That Sarcos exoskeleton is great but look at the bundle of cables hanging
off the back...

The video claims that the final Sarcos product was be completely self contained.
We will see how things finally work out. (Was I the only person that thought that
the suit from the IronMan movie was totally overshadowed by the little power
source?)

As I said, my friend and I were very impressed by how naturally the Sarcos
unit operates. It makes the 'loader' from Aliens look 'clunky'.