Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Petrol strimmer / brush cutter recommendations

Tim S wrote:

That's encouraging, I might get one of those. What's the thickest branch you
tried cutting?

about 4 or 5" (It seemed to have no difficulty with that, so I expect
more would be ok)

I might try out the hedge trimmer tomorrow and see that that is like.

I did some *serious* cutting of a 10' high hedge at my late fathers house
yesterday[1]. Hawthorn, holly, brambles in amongst something quite tough.
It had no trouble - I was quite impressed. Took 1/2 an hour to take the
outside face off 150' run of hedge.

I have about 120' of 10' evergreen to have a go at... did not get round
to it today...

--
Cheers,

John.