Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Reserved slots in panel?

Aaron Fude wrote:
On May 29, 5:02 pm, dpb wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,
My panel has two open breaker slots opposite of the main 100Amp
breaker? At the same time my panel has a bunch of twins. Are those two
spots reserved for some reason?

There should be a capacity chart on the box cover inside -- it'll tell
you of any limitations of the manufacturer.

--

I took a picture of what it looks like and you can see it he

http://freeboundaries.com/master.jpg

I doubt if my contractor did anything out of consideration

Don't see from that any reason they couldn't be used -- I'm confident
the particular arrangement was used to isolate the Main feed breaker
from the fed circuits simply for the visual cue and a (very) slight gain
in functional resemblance to a regular panel w/ a separate main feed
breaker. I hate these cheaper box designs personally...

That is simply from the picture which, of course, isn't definitive and
isn't what I suggested previously -- the documentation sticker on the
inside of the cover or that was included w/ the box will have any such
restrictions. If that is no longer there, look the box up on the
manufacturer's web site...

I _think_ it is simply a cosmetic arrangement as above mentions, but you
should check the source for sure. Don't see why that should be much effort.