Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Horne[_2_] Tom Horne[_2_] is offline

Default Generator Useage

Dottie wrote:
I am going to buy a generator this year (I'm in FL). I have a chart
showing how many watts most appliances use but what I need is a chart
showing how many amps each appliance uses. Does anyone know of a
chart online that I could print out? Thanks.

Generators are rated in watts not amps. If you need to know the ampere
draw of the appliance you can come fairly close by dividing the wattage
by the voltage of the appliance. A one hundred watt incandescent light
bulb uses 100/120 or 0.833 amps. Six such bulbs use five amperes. ...
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison