Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When to get new water heater ?

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
john wrote:

Plus, I heard from one of the guys
working on my flooring..who said he bought a new water heater and it
didnt even last 6 months. It blew open and flooded his house.

LOL! Reminded me of a guy who tapped into city water lines and ran it
into his new house. The dummy didn't known it needed a pressure regulator
and he exploded 2 water heaters! They even had pressure relief valves but
the water pressure was just too great and the relief valves couldn't
relieve the water fast enough.

Sounds like BS to me. We have 105 psi coming into our building at work and
never cause any damage to a water heater. We have 6 of them. FWIW, I don't
have a pressure regulator at my house either.