Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Flexible connectors for hot water heater

i've never seen any flex tubes that don't have a sever restriction in them.
I go straight in with male adaptors. Perhaps a union if you want to get
fancy.

"ConnetiCat" wrote in message
Replacing the hot water heater...are flexible connectors any good, and
if so which are the best? The EPA recommends a "heat trap" for in and
out going water; a flexible connector, basically, with a u-bend. Is
this a good idea? The local plumbing supply store guys scoff at
anything but sweat fitting and straight copper pipes. Also, how would
I know there's any problems with water pressure? About nine years
ago, I was talked into installing a pressure regulator, and I've had
nothing but trouble since. I don't have overly high (city) water
pressure; never had trouble before with anything. The house was built
in 1989. Why shouldn't I just take it out, and that way I don't have
to install an expansion tank? Any ideas, Joe?