Big Al Dexter

Default engineered wood floor, need to seal joints?

Just for grins, have you tried calling the Mannington rep? I was laying one of
their engineered floors over 3/4 T&G and had a Q for them, so on a whim I got
on their web site and called up - wonderful customer service in my case. It's
worth a shot, and they will help you make sure you don't void the warranty. My
gut is that they'll say do NOT put ANY finish over the factory one, but it
will be interesting to see what they say in your particular situation (please
let us know!).

-- Henry

"Dave C" wrote:
We are in the process of having an engineered wood floor glued down on a

concrete base. It is a Mannington Mills Ultrafit tongue and groove
system,5Biltmore 3" maple with beveled top edges on each piece. Looks great
so far.hvSeveral rooms including the KITCHEN! I am worried about water
percolating0down between the individual pieces. They fit pretty tight, but I
think that9water will certainly get in. What will that do?4aSeems to me that
there should be some thin sealer that could be applied to5the floor to seal
the seams and prevent water from getting in. Even floorqwax might do
it.0mThanks for any advice.9BDaveC

To reply plz remove the "N00Spam00" and (dot) invalid from my e-mail and
domain names.
Keep spam on bread and outta my inbox!!!