Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default engine problems

On May 31, 4:58*pm, Zayonc wrote:
wrote:
started it and the engine ran as rough as if one cylinder was
missing.

Plug or plug wiring - would say 95% probaility.

Even though they have two plugs per cylinder, a single worn plug is
noticeable. I'd replace all 8, with platinums on the barely accessible
intake manifold side. The plug wires and timing belt are suspicious
due to age.

Small animals can get into the air filter box and chew up the filter
and the heat riser hose.

In general I begin diagnosing engine problems with a complete tune-up.
Maybe half the time that either fixes the problem or leads me to it.

Jim Wilkins