Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Maple bats a hazard in baseball?

Swingman wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

I guess all bats should be banned or they should have a safety cage
around them.

Or equip the players so they look like "duh generation" bullriders in the
PBR.

A nation of wusses?

On a similar note: I've gotten two, unrelated calls in the last few weeks
from friends in the business offering work. It seems that O&G lease
brokerage firms are searching for older landmen in their 50/60's, at top
dollar, because the current crop of college degreed, "certified landman"
simply aren't doing the job without the necessity for a lot of expensive
cleanup of their work prior to drilling.

Interesting. On a related note, my dad and his neighbor were approached
about drilling on their lands. They don't get royalties because they are on
a railroad section, but they are pushing to make sure that damage payments
are fair. Dad is also pushing that if a road is put in, it needs to be
paid for as a lease, not a one-time payment. We'll see how that goes.