Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom Tom is offline

Default Painting a Fireplace

The earlier post regarding painting PVC has jogged my memory. I am in the
process of wallpapering the front room and we have a gas fire with a wooden
surround that's looking a bit tired. The wood is the cheap laminated type
(found in B&Q and the like) and we don't currently have the funds to upgrade
it so i was wondering how i would i go about painting it? If i used gloss
would i need some sort of primer or is painting a total no go for this type
of wood. I assume its chipboard or mdf laminated with some sort of plastic
i guess?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom