Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default ThermaSkirt skirting board radiators?

In article , Roger Mills
writes
Bruce wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote:

SWMBO has always disliked conventional radiators and fancies
something less obtrusive when we next refurbish the lounge. I don't
fancy digging up the floor, and wondered about skirting board
heaters.

And your relationship to this company is what, precisely? Legislation
recently enacted by Parliament makes such false testimonials a crime.

I am struggling to understand just what is happening to this NG. I ask a
simple genuine question and get accused by two people of posting spam or
uttering a false testimonial. As others have pointed out, I was NOT
promoting this product - but simply asking whether it was any good.

I had not heard of this company until earlier today when I Googled for
"skirting radiator".

Please look at a person's posting record before making such accusations in
future!

Never should have changed that nik Rog, you're just another newb now ;-)

Pete's already linked to the old thread but my concerns were cost, the
reliance on installation quality (rear insulation & draught proofing to
avoid heat loss and quality of corner construction) and maintainability
(proprietary oval, O-ring sealed fittings).

Despite the limitations of rads, I reckon I can do a more effective job
with them and still remain inobtrusive.
--
fred