Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default OT but has content....

Rex wrote:
Tim Wescott wrote:

I don't pay much attention to the weather reports, because I live
within the Columbia Gorge Unpredictability Zone. If I can see Mt.
Hood, it's going to rain. If I can't see Mt. Hood, it's raining.

Tim: My guess is that you have a problem in believing in the
existence of any water shortages?

Stu

Given that our little 7-household water system runs out every summer,
and we have to change to a well with so much iron in it I'm not sure
if I should bathe in it or smelt it down?

No.

Sounds like you need to build a rainwater catchment system.

I've considered that. Given that it'd need a tank big enough to supply
our needs for 3-4 months of dry spell (really 6 -- some years it drys
out early and starts raining late) it'd be easier to just fill the tank
in the winter when there's water and use it up in the summer.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services