Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Solar Panels

On Sat, 31 May 2008 11:48:48 +0100, Andy Dingley wrote:

That's why you have to do it right. The data to support an accurate
model, down to a narrow geographical location, is obtainable.

Where? I've scoured various meteorological websites for baseline data and
all I can find is variations on the baseline - which presumably is so well
known within the met industry nobody bothers to publish it.

I think it would be neat to be able to make a calculator - like a
heat-loss calculator for boiler or radiator sizing - which people could
use to run their own what-if calculations, e.g. what if I got cavity wall
insulation/double glazed my windows/installed solar water heating/took X
showers instead of baths/turned down my thermostat Y degrees ... etc. -
and would show how much energy and money difference it would make over a
year.

--
John Stumbles

Life is nature's way of keeping meat fresh