Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Solar Panels

On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:54:01 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Of course - it makes a lot of sense. Don't you? Do you go out on a cold
day with no coat?

No, but in my job (plumbing and heating) I'm frequently in people's houses
which would make Nordic saunas seem chilly :-)

Or perhaps you sit in your car in **** sleeves

Only when I've been clearing out sewers ;-)

(Reminds me of one of our teachers at tech who used to describe a loose fit
between components as being "like a turd in a shirt sleeve")

They were both installed in January 2006. I don't think that's pretty
ancient :-)

OK, should be 80% SEDBUK on the boiler & reasonable re-heat time on the HW
cylinder.

So you're wrong.

sigh! again :-)

I think they couldn't be any lower but We don't want a condensing boiler for
all sorts of reasons.

Well it wouldn't make economic or ecological sense if your boiler's
reasonably modern and efficient anyway, but go on ... I'm curious what
your objections would be otherwise.

--
John Stumbles

Things don't like being anthropomorphised.