Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Anyone familiar with coil winding machines ?

bz wrote in message
98.139...
"N_Cook" wrote in
:

The pulley rim is V in section but instead of coming to a point at the
bottom of the V they have a tiny slot perhaps 0.1 to 0.2mm which grabs
on wire of 0.07mm diameter, due to slight imperfections or whatever.

can you run a rattail file along there to widen/remove the groove?
How about wrapping a few layers of TFE tape around the pulley and filling
in the groove?

Shapelock aka Friendly plastic could be used to mold a 'cover' for the
pulley. Heat it with a hot air gun or hot water, it turns clear and
mold-able. It sticks to other plastics. When it cools it is nylon hard and
opaque white. I have used it to fix broken nylon gears in a printer and a
broken slide bracket in my wife's sewing machine.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

I tried plumber's PTFE and it failed.
Had another hunt through my collection of salvaged pulleys and from about 20
they all had this tiny groove just where I don't need it.
Never previously realised, because it is such a tiny groove, that all good
quality small pulleys , plastic, brass or aluminium have this groove.
Still not found the funtional reason for it.

Took some advice from a proper mechanical engineer on how to best tackle
turning my own small 8mm diam x 3mm PTFE pulley with a straight (un grooved)
V cut , and will go down that root ;-)

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England