Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Putting a Chrysler car radio in a Ford

In article ,
wrote:

There is, or was a guy in Alabama and he built and sold some high
powered super duper CB Radios.I heard about him when I was listening to
CB radio over ten years ago.The amplifiers for those radios required
several alternators.He mostly sold those suped up radios to 18 wheeler
truck drivers.I once heard tell if the CB radio's antenna was aimed at a
car, it would fry the car's electronics and stop the engine stone cold
dead.
Have any of y'all ever heard of that guy before?
cuhulin

Heard of him? Hell, dude, that was my cousin. Those monster amplifiers
really could fry a car's electronics. The cops still use 'em down in
Mississippi to stop people who are trying to run from them. Too bad
they're illegal in all the other states.

They've also been known to knock the fillings right out of your teeth,
and cause women to have spontaneous orgasms. The "Big Daddy" version
used to sell for $28,000, and it put out 50,000 watts. Of course it had
a bank of sixteen KT88s with solid gold pins.

Anyway, my cousin passed away six years ago, syphilis you know, so you
can't get those things anymore. Saw one on eBay a couple years back, but
it sold for $90,000 to some collector in Eastern Europe.