Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default OT but has content....

On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:45:56 -0500, "Rob Fraser"
FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote:

If anyone can explain why the weather reporters are wrong at least 75% of
the time and get everyone all spun up into calling into work as "it looks
and I hear it's going to rain. lets not work or go to the racetrack" How in
the hell can they make mega-bucks and be wrong constantly then act all
surprised they blew it for a holiday weekend for instance or in my case a
delivery of a lathe and a trip to the dunes to race dirt bikes. They say the
sky is falling and four horsemen are going to be going across the skies in
all different ends yet the day is beautiful, not a cloud in the sky after
they predict the end of times. I was not strong in meteorology in college
but I'm so friggin tired of lost hours and chances from people bailing out
due to inaccurate predictions. Now when I was a kid I went anyway. Is this
society being a bunch of pussies or just sheepole who believe what they
hear? Does this **** any of you off. I know as contractors being outside a
lot of you depend on this info. I just wanted to see if I was alone or
needed medication for being an asshole about this.

All the best fellas,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.

If puppy comes in quickly - it's cold outside
" " " " wet - " raining
white - " snowing
slow - it's nice out
Gerry :-)}