Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Solar Panels

On Fri, 30 May 2008 20:43:56 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2008 12:28:53 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

We've been very satisfied with ours, it heats water even in winter. Our
gas bills plummeted after we installed it.

Let me stick my neck out here Mary and hazard a couple of guesses:
(1) that you're the sort of people who put on a jumper rather
than the central heating when it gets chilly, and

Not necessarily, her circulation is probably buggered and she doesn't
feel the cold, my old mum got to be like that. However my dad kept
stumm (for a quiet life) sadly he died 20 years before she did of
Cardio Respiratory failure. :-((

(2) that your boiler and hot water cylinder are pretty ancient and
prodigiously chuck heat into the house and out the flue for ages while
heating the water in the cylinder. If so then your water heating costs
would be a relatively high proportion of your total heating costs. If
you'd spent the money you spent on your solartwin on a condensing boiler
instead you might have found that your gas bills plummeted even further.

H2O Duck's Back to a "Classicist" like MF.

Don't you try confusing her with facts.

Derek